Self-Help Resources at MKHS

As the year progresses and classes increase in intensity and focus, students can feel stuck finding resources to help them understand the material. Thankfully, Morris Knolls offers several programs designed to help students. 

Tutor.com, provided by the Princeton Review, is a helpful website where professional tutors help students in various math courses, English, and writing. It is constantly monitored, and the student gets to review their sessions after they are done in order to ensure a safe and secure environment for student growth. As Elaf Mahmoud, now a senior at Morris Knolls  high school, worded it best: “Frankly I don’t think I would’ve graduated if not for Tutor.com.”

To access Tutor.com, students must use their school-issued chrome book, open a chrome browser, and click on the three dots at the top right corner of their screen. Then, they have to scroll until they find the website. 

Another extra help resource for those that benefit more from in-person instruction is after-school math help.  Mrs. Perry, a math teacher at Knolls, stays after school every Wednesday until 3:30 to help students with any and all topics in math: Algebra, Geometry, Precalculus, and Calculus. Soniya Shah, a regular attendee at Math Club, says that “Math Club is continuing to save my math grades every day.” Members from the math club can also tutor their fellow students during the after-school club hours. They are all inside the school walls. 

While many high school students often find themselves stressed with schoolwork and overwhelmed with classes, Tutor.com and Math Club can, assuredly, help.