2018 Winter Spirit Week

Skylar Walder

The Morris Knolls Student Government has finalized this year’s Winter Spirit Week and is excited for the new changes that have been made! Spirit Week will run from December 10-December 14, with new and old spirit days including sweats day on Monday, ugly sweater day on Tuesday, America day on Wednesday, bandana day on Thursday and decades day on Friday.

As some of these spirit days/themes seem familiar, SGA is bringing two new things to the table. DECA is raising money for the Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation by selling five-hundred bandanas for Thursday, December 13. This local nonprofit organization in Voorhees Township was dedicated to Alicia DiNatale, a teen who battled cancer and was in and out of hospitals all through her early years of high school. This illness did not stop Alicia as she wore bandanas to cover her head and enjoyed every minute she had of high school. After she passed, she inspired her parents to raise awareness for teens and young adults with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. Bandanas will be sold during lunch blocks. Additionally, instead of the traditional class colors for the pep rally, this winter we are doing Decades Day! Staff and Students will dress as different decades and express the culture of their decade. Seniors will be from the 1970s, Juniors will be from the 2000s, Sophomores will be from the 1980s, Freshman will be from the 1990s and Staff members will be from the 1960s.

Also, all varsity sports teams will be recognized at the beginning of the Pep Rally and the best team with the best skit will win a pizza party provided by the SGA! Get excited for this year’s Winter Spirit Week and hope to see you all with your best spirit representing your class and decade on Pep Rally Day!!