Meet the 2022-2023 Editors

As the new school year kicks off and students return to classes, the Quill Club is also undergoing some changes in leadership. Our previous editors recently graduated, and this year, filling the roles are Shannon Dawson, Grace Ort, and Abril Rodríguez Calle. So, here is an introduction to the new co-editors!

Grace: 

Hi! My name is Grace and I’m a sophomore here at Knolls. I joined Quill Club during my freshman year because the idea of writing articles and getting to experience the publishing process seemed really fun to me. I’ve always been passionate about writing. Quill Club allows me to write while having the opportunity to share it with other people. Some other activities I do include color guard, spring track, Key Club, Leo Club, and playing the oboe and piano. I’m so excited to be co-editor this year and help other people to explore, improve, and enjoy their own journalistic writing! 

Shannon: 

My name is Shannon and I am a junior at Morris Knolls. This is my second year in the Quill Club and first as an editor. I joined the club to learn more about journalism and reporting, and also because it seemed like a fun and interesting club! Aside from Quill Club and writing, I am a member of the color guard, golf team, and choir, as well as Interact Club, Project LEAD, Varsity Club, and Stagecraft Club. I also love reading! I’m excited to be an editor this year because I want to bring new and interesting ideas to the club and also help more students become interested in journalism!

Abril: 

I’m Abril and this is my second year at Knolls. My mother is a journalist, so writing and reporting has always been very present in my life. When I saw that this was an option at the club fair last year, I immediately knew I had to join. Not only has Quill Club allowed me to share my writing and learn more about journalism, it has also helped me meet new people with similar interests. In addition to Quill Club I’m also in the Marching Band, Fencing Team, Leo Club, and Varsity Club. I can’t wait to get started and share my enthusiasm for writing with new members!