The Change in Fashion

Julia Lucid, Reporter

Over the past few years, there has been a transition in fashion. The trending style went from low waisted pants and long sleeve shirts to crop tops and baggy jeans. Some believe that today’s fashionable styles have gone back to the 1980s or 1990s.

Melannie Arrojo, a junior, agrees and when asked how she thinks styles will continue to change, she stated, “I think it’s already changing. We are using old fashion trends as the new style.”

From pants to shirts to clothing that helps get people out of their comfort zone, there are also a variety of modifications that are happening in clothing. When asked what she thinks of the new style, Samara Villabobos explained, “I think everyone is getting out of their comfort zone and expressing themselves.”

Another way people are changing styles is by wearing more comfortable clothes, like sweatpants, sweatshirts, and other less formal pieces of clothing. Nicole Penna described her love of cozy fashion. “I like to wear sweatpants and leggings because in my opinion they’re more comfy, and I would rather be more comfortable than get dressed up, even though I do like getting dressed up occasionally.”

Another development in modern day style is the alterations of one’s own style. People in fashion are now creating their own style and finding their fashion by finding clothes they like to wear. 

Evelina Oliveri, a freshman at Morris Knolls, stated, “I think it’s very interesting; I like how even though some people aren’t as creative as others, a lot of people are developing their own styles and I love seeing people’s ideas come together to create an incredible style of their own.”

Overall, fashion has definitely changed over the past few years. From styles going back to the 1980s and 1990s to creating your own style for fashion, style has definitely advanced over the years.

The new style in fashion is crop tops, oftentimes looking like these. 

More comfortable clothing can look like these sweatpants.