6 Inspiring Quotes to Motivate You This Season!

Sarah Adamo, Dante Lombardi, Editor-in-Chief, Reporter

Okay, we’ll be the first to admit- it can be a challenge to get back into the swing of things at school after you’ve been laying back or at least exercising your brain a little less than you do during the school year. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of six quotes to keep you motivated throughout the year.

1. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” ~ Tina Desai

Application to School: Persevering through obstacles says much of one’s character and does not go unnoticed by teachers and colleges alike, and while criticism may feel disheartening at times, prevent yourself from viewing it as an indication that you should resign yourself to mere adequacy. In addition, as this quote suggests, it is wise to surround yourself with friends who will be there to support you, provide counsel, and keep your morale high when you are going through tough times. If one subtracts the drama out of school life, academics will be much easier to focus on and one’s social life will see improvement.

1. “Tomorrow is only found in the calendar of fools.” ~ Og Mandino

Application to School: Oh, how convenient it is to lie to oneself with the classic,  “that deadline is a week away, I can get the assignment done in one night!” If we’re being honest here, we’ve all tried to reassure ourselves with this and have hence fed the little adrenaline rush we get from procrastinating. When is a better time to stop this habit than now (or will you procrastinate on this too)?

1. “Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.” ~ William Arthur Ward

Application to School: When a student really invests himself or herself in his or her studies, things become much easier to memorize and digest. Try to take an active interest in what you study, and if this seems like an arduous feat, try instead to draw connections between the content of your classes and your experiences or fascinating historical events, etc.

1. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~ Nelson Mandela

Application to School: Take advantage of the education you receive at Morris Knolls and use it to make a difference. We are so fortunate to live in a community that has so much knowledge at its fingertips, it would be a shame not to truly learn what you can!

1. “To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing and be nothing.” ~ Aristotle

Application to School: While we must be mindful to deliver opinions appropriately and kindly, one must not cower in fear at the prospect of another’s judgement. School should be an environment in which diversity of the mind can flourish and where people can hold civilized class discussions and bring unique perspectives to the table, to debate pressing issues and broaden the mindsets of peers. We must raise our voices so that they may never be silenced!

1. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy- I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” ~ Art Williams

Application to School: While this quote may be somewhat clichéd, we believe that it is necessary to include nonetheless. The faculty of Morris Knolls is hard at work trying to provide a safe, happy environment in which students can learn and prepare themselves for higher education or a vocation after graduation, so if used as the powerful tool that it is, the education that our school provides will be worth your while. Use this as your motivation for when you are staying up to finish an essay or asking questions when confusion arises in class. Work won’t always be easy at school, and sometimes your brain will be fatigued from all of its exercise, but this hustle that you experience now will help you in the long run.

Best of luck, Golden Eagle!