The Student News Site of Morris Knolls High School

The Quill

The Quill

The Quill

MK’s 2nd Annual Broadway Night

MKs 2nd Annual Broadway Night

On December 1st, 2023, 49 Morris Knolls students struck the stage to perform in MK’s 2nd Annual Broadway Night! Students performed a variety of solos, duets, and group numbers from the hits of Broadway. With 26 numbers, there was a plentiful amount of musicals represented. From Broadway classics like Les Miserables, Anything Goes, and Oklahoma, to today’s most popular, Hamilton, Mean Girls, Moulin Rouge, and many more! 

In addition to these exciting performances, as per annual tradition, all of the seniors came together to perform a special senior number! This year they celebrated their time performing at MK with a fun, upbeat performance of “Everybody Say Yeah” from Kinky Boots. Broadway Night tends to be a fan favorite because it gives students from all grade levels a chance to showcase their talents. The night’s outstanding performers include:

Junior, Sofia Cifuentes says, “This was my second year participating in Broadway Night, and I had so much fun! I can’t wait until next year, especially since I will get to perform my senior solo!”

It is certainly safe to say that the night was an overwhelming success! The purpose of the night, aside from showcasing the amazing talent at MK, is to raise money for the Spring Musical. While the audience would say that the performances were the highlight of the night, the students may argue that the real showstopper was the reveal of the 2024 Spring Musical. After the students took their well deserved bows, Ms. Dunn (APA Theatre Teacher, Broadway Night Producer, and Spring Musical Director) was welcomed to the stage, where she announced the 2024 Morris Knolls Spring Musical, Legally Blonde. 

To get a closer look at Broadway Night, the digital program can be found here. To stay updated on all of the Theatre Department’s upcoming performances and events, consider following @knollstheatre on Instagram and TikTok!!