The Student News Site of Morris Knolls High School

The Quill

The Quill

The Quill

Fall Recipes

Embracing the crisp breeze and the vibrant tapestry of falling leaves, autumn arrives with a flourish, bringing with it a cornucopia of flavors that delight the senses and warm the soul. As we bid farewell to the sun-soaked days of summer, we welcome the harvest season, a time when orchards abound with ripe apples, fields yield pumpkins, and kitchens are infused with the comforting aroma of spices. In this season of abundance, our taste buds are treated to a symphony of fall flavors that inspire creativity in the kitchen. Join us on a culinary journey through the heartwarming world of fall recipes, where each dish tells a story of tradition, warmth, and the joy of gathering around the table. From soul-soothing soups to decadent desserts, these recipes not only capture the essence of autumn but also invite you to savor the simple pleasures of the season.

Soups

Butternut squash soup: A fall staple, this recipe is creamy and comforting, and perfect for chilly fall evenings.

15-Bean Soup: A hearty, cozy option for when you want to quickly whip up something  tasty and warm.

Chicken Pot Pie Soup: This is chicken noodle for the soul elevated to the perfect creamy fall soup.

Entrees

Butternut squash risotto: A creamy risotto made with roasted butternut squash and savory herbs that is bound to make you want seconds.

Maple glazed roasted vegetables: The perfect accompaniment to any meat or fish of your choice, it will add a little bit of autumn flavor to your plate.

Sage and Brown Butter Pasta: This pasta tossed in a sauce made with brown butter and fresh sage leaves, and garnished with grated Parmesan cheese is the epitome of fall flavors.

Desserts

Apple crisp: The traditional apple pie reincarnated as a sweet and spiced apple filling topped with a crispy crust and ice cream.

Kanelbullar (Swedish cinnamon rolls): This twist on typical American cinnamon rolls will inundate your tastebuds with a cardamom and cinnamon flavor explosion like no other.

Cranberry Orange Bread: A moist and flavorful bread with tart cranberries and a hint of citrus that will match the turning leaves perfectly.

These decadent recipes will bring autumn to your taste buds and any combination of them will yield the perfect three course meal. Or, you could pick one to make and enjoy by itself. To find some recipes, go to NYT Cooking or Food Network. Bon appetit!