The Student News Site of Morris Knolls High School

The Quill

The Quill

The Quill

Morris Knolls Fall Play of 2023

Morris Knolls Fall Play of 2023

Fall has “fallen” upon Morris Knolls, and with it comes pumpkin spice and leaves and, as always,  the annual Fall Play. This year, the production is A Midsummer Night’s Dream, which has performances on November 16, 17, and 18 at 7 pm in the MK auditorium. Ms. Mazur is the director of the play this year,  and the assistant director is Natalie Dreyer.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream is  a comedy written by Shakespeare. Natalie Dreyer gives a short summary, saying that it is about “four Athenian lovers who run to the woods to escape the reality of royalty under King Theseus and Queen Hippolyta. In the woods, the lovers are met with magical fairies who work for Titania and Oberon and face trouble around every corner.” The four Athenian lovers are Hermia, Lysander, Helena, and Demetrius, played respectively by Joan Mannion, Ryan Capozzi, Anna Staltari, and Gaby Couto-Baez.

I asked Julien Riera, the actor playing Flute the Bellows Marcher, a few questions about the play. He had auditioned for different characters, but was hoping to get the role of Puck. He said , “Although  I did not receive this part, I found myself satisfied with the part I was given.” His favourite scene is in the middle of the play, when the four lovers get into an argument with one another and it is the scene with the most stage action and combat. This sounds like an interesting scene!

Tickets go on sale around October 30th for $12 each. There will be an online store for purchase and there is also the possibility to buy tickets at the door, but it is not a guarantee. There is a QR code on the posters around the school, and the website is linked below. Happy fall everyone, and to the cast, break a leg!

Link for tickets online:

https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/77815

Cast List: 

Joan Mannion as Hermia

Ryan Capozzi as Lysander 

Anna Staltari as Helena

Gaby Couto-Baez as Demetrius

Aidan Sales as Theseus and Oberon

Michelle Lee as Hippolyta and Titania

Vivienne Berthelot as Puck

Madison Salamon as Juniper

Madilyn Schlesinger as Peaseblossom

Ashley Barnes as Moth

Megan Shay as Mustardseed

Sydney Davis as Cobweb

Angelina Percell as Cinder

Dani McGrath as Pebble

Anika Zoeller as Ember

Julia Lucid as Brim

Nolan Lardiere as Bottom

Andrew Voza as Peter Quince

Rachel Breen as Snug the Joiner

Emma Cieslik as Snout the Tinker

Julien Riera as Flute the Bellows Mender

Grace Henches as Starveling the Tailor

Lucas Zablocki as Egeus

Aine Kolpa as Philostrate